Since 2013, Family Academy Online has offered Scientific Learning’s Fast ForWord and Reading Assistant Plus to our families. These online programs develop and strengthen memory, attention, processing rate and sequencing – the cognitive skills essential for reading. By strengthening these skills, students see a wide range of improved critical language and reading skills such as phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, decoding, working memory, syntax, grammar, and other skills necessary to learn how to read or to become a better reader. In short they accelerate learning and boost reading. Over 250 studies (www.scientificlearning.com/results) indicate that learners achieve gains of 1-2 years in as little as 8-12 weeks and maintain an accelerated rate of learning even after the program ends because it is designed to retrain the brain to learn more effectively and efficiently. FFWD is a learning accelerator! Some studies have even measured excellent results in math and other areas of curriculum. We are happy to answer your questions about the program. Contact us at by email at email@example.com We can schedule a call to answer your questions. Recently, these programs have become part of Carnegie Learning. In the meantime, they have been upgraded using better technology and up to date teaching practices. Some parts have new names.
Getting Started on Fast ForWord / ClearFluency
Fast ForWord and ClearFluency are offered by Maggie Dail, a Learning Specialist, and made possible through Family Academy Online.
1. Schedule a Free 30-Minute Consult to discuss options and get questions answered.
2. Register –Once you have chosen, the Learning Specialist will provide you with a registration form. Complete the form and e-mail. Payment is made via www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Teacher Consultant/Learning Specialist will contact you with information to get you started.
4. You will access your accounts on MySciLearn, for you as the “instructor/coach” and for your child as the student. Your TC/LS will give you information on how to do that and be available to answer your questions. We will provide the level of support that fits you.
5. Students will have access to demos of the activities to learn how to do them. On the first day, the student will take the Reading Progress Indicator (RPI) so that the program can place him or her in the appropriate product.
6. We offer both programs for a low cost when you commit to a 6-month contract. (Default start date is the first day of any month, but if you want to begin at another time during the month, payment will be due each month at the date signed for the first month. Please tell the Learning Specialist your start date.)
To learn more about Maggie Dail, your Teacher Consultant / Learning Specialist visit:
One parent who has had their children in the program since February, 2013 reports, “My child has taken off with reading.” Another likes the option of having a child work a little more independently with the assurance that the time is spent productively. Even a mom whose son just began in September is thrilled with progress just a few weeks into the program. Another student scored 4 months higher in his first 6 weeks of using Fast ForWord.